Saturday, May 10, 2008

Coming along...

April simply flew by! Admittedly, I spent most of it in the garden (even in the rain) and less of it at the drawing board or at the computer to scan it all in.

Anyway, here's some of what I've been up to:

Playing with technique.

Here's the same drawing - I painted it with watercolor, after printing the drawing onto on cold press paper.

You can see the texture of the paper, which makes the image look kind of blurry. (I don't care for the composition very much, the figures lean left too much.)

Then I wanted to see how it would look as a black-and-white piece. I know that if I printed the drawing in blue, then went over it in black ink or black crayon, I could scan it in CMYK and simply delete the Cyan channel, convert to black & white, and adjust.

It's easier than inking over a drawing, then erasing the drawing. And if make a mistake, I could just print it again and start over.







No comments: