Friday, April 03, 2009

MRA Conference


Yesterday I went to the Massachusetts Reading Association's annual conference. I was a presenter, and did a workshop with transparancies - my first time using those. I usually do a powerpoint slide show, but I don't have my own projector or laptop. Most schools have them, but not all conferences do. I think I did well, and the audience followed along great and had great questions. Attendance was lower than expected due to the economy and to the MCAS tests which are this week.

I love meeting fellow artists and authors at these events. This time I chatted with friend Brian Lies, met Donna Ciocca, Christopher Bing, Steven Krasner, and Mark Karlins. I saw Jerry and Gloria Jean Pinkney at the Just Desserts event - it's always nice to say hello to them.



I didn't take any photos of the desserts - I wish I had, they were very pretty.

No comments: